Saturday, November 23, 2013

Venture Battery Powered heated vest

This was another compromise. I wasn't sure that my bike could support a regular heated gear option, and I needed one that would fit under my track leathers.

The venture vest runs on a 7.4v 1800mah battery. It was four heating panels (two front, two back), and three settings.

High will run for about 1.5 hours. Medium and low supposedly longer. Low barely puts out enough heat to notice. Medium is nice for 50* in the rain, at high speed, High is nice for 40*.

The vest is comfortable and somewhat windproof. The battery charges in 1-2 hours. The only downside is that the battery has small capacity. I'll probably end up replacing this with a better heated gear option if I do any significant winter touring in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment