Saturday, November 23, 2013

Alpinestar Race in the Rain 2 piece oversuit

I bought the A* Race in the Rain suit as a compromise. I needed waterproof gear for my NorCal tour, but I wanted the protection of my track leathers. There is no sizing guide for these so I ordered a medium since I wear medium everything else.

The medium is just too small for my suit (Alpinestar RC1 2 piece suit. Jacket size 42 US, Pants size 36 US). I had to cut lines into the ankles so I could even get the leathers into the suit and be able to get into the leathers and zip up the ankles. Medium is also too short for a 6' tall guy. But good news, its water proof, fits over my race hump, and isn't that bad to wear once you struggle into it.

Besides the addition of zippers at the cuffs for easy of fitting, the suit badly needs rubber grip panels at the knees. Even with stomp grips I had no tank grip while wearing this suit.

Overall I'd give it a 3/5.




No comments:

Post a Comment