Friday, November 15, 2013

Corbin pt 3

Corbin finally got my rebuilt seat back to me. They added a ton of foam in the back, didn't beef up the nose of the seat, and didn't put a real tongue on it. I rode with it for a little bit. Its actually worse than having a flat seat because this seat pushes you forward and offers no stability. Without a proper tongue it moves around while riding.



Their Customer Service refused to refund me and would only take it back for refit if I paid for shipping both ways and paid a refit fee. I'm not going to throw more money at them. Anybody want to buy a seat? Might need some rework and modification...

How they could fix their design: Use high density closed cell foam with gel pads. This would afford a shorter seat with better comfort. Copy the OEM seat pan as close as possible.  The seat pan is also too wide for a comfortable ride, even if they got the padding right.

I bought an Airhawk seat pad,we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment