Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Obligatory Winter Update

Its that time of year again where I write a post and talk about how I have nothing to write about because it's winter. I'm sitting here looking out at frost on the ground and a weather forecast of rain/freezing rain for the next ten days. Alas winter must have its time.

I've gotten in a few rides on the odd "nice" day this winter. The good thing about the Willamette Valley is fairly mild winters.




Unfortunately the VFR ended up back in the shop. It seems to have developed some electrical gremlins. I guess that is to be expected given I've ridden it in the wet since the day I bought it.

Fortunately I got the Ducati SuperSport back from MotoCorsa. In November I dropped it off for the 9k mile service and to figure out why the transmission has never shifted right. Well in the interim they discovered that the transmission was totally boogered and replaced the whole thing under warranty.

I got contacted by the OMRRA membership rep a few weeks ago asking if I was going to re-up my membership. I had to be upfront and tell him that I am still unemployed and so my '21 season is going to be just as nonexistent as my '20 season.

Seems like we're going to lose another year. No jobs. No bars. No eating in at restaurants. No gyms. Sooner or later my savings and unemployment will run out. No hope for the future.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the Duc SS got remedied. My 2008 viffer stator is being re-wound now, hope to have it back together next week. Hauling it to AZ in March..

    ReplyDelete