Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wherever I May Roam

I was listening to Metallica the other day and started fantasizing about buying a cruiser. I know. What the fuck, right? Most of the cruisers on the market are traditionally overweight, over-chromed, overpriced, and in my eyes kindof ugly. In my meandering of the internet I ran across two new production "bobbers" (?) that actually excited my sense of imagination (consumer whoreness?). The Harley-Davidson "48" Sportster/Iron 883 model (same bike different accessories) and the Yamaha/Star Bolt.

The marketing must be working, or my beard is slowly convincing my brain that a torquey v-twin that's actually fun to ride at legal intra-city speeds might be preferable to riding stoplight to stoplight on my CBR. Part of my fantasy is being able to carry a passenger on it comfortably. Riding with a passenger on the CBR blows.

From there my fantasy wants to take some weekend long or longer trips to places I've never been that maybe involve slab. Or going to a "rally" like the Street Vibrations Rally in Reno (hey, who doesn't want to get in between warring 1%er MCs, right?).

Eventually reality slaps me and reminds me of two things. 1. The twisties and the track. and 2. My wallet.

Damnit. Freaking winter not-riding illness.

Results of my playing with their configurator:


No comments:

Post a Comment