Monday, January 13, 2014

Rants and cold rides

So I take my bike in to Fred's Honderp for the 16k service and fork oil change. On the work order it explicitly says fork oil change. I get a call last week saying my bike is done, but they didn't service the forks because its "labor intensive" and the manual doesnt call for it. No shit its labor intense thats why I was going to pay out the ass to have the fucking dealer do it. Same reason I paid them to do the valve check, because it exceeds what I can do in my garage. They also didn't replace the spark plugs like I specified, just checked the gap. Fucking dealers.

I was feeling super antsy tonight. Last night I'd watched "Why We Ride" and cried like a baby. Problem was, it was 35* out and starting to get foggy. But you know how the bug is, you're reading my blog afterall. I put on my adventure pants, A* boots, heated vest, A* jacket and went out.

Only a few miles down the road and my visor was somewhat misted. Even with my brights I couldn't see much more than a second ahead at 55mph. Good news, my bike still gets up and goes when you twist the throttle.

A day without triple digits is like a day without sunshine. I guess maybe I substituted the triple digits for the sunshine today? I'd be nice to have a full heated jacket liner and heated gloves. My legs and feet were OK though.

No comments:

Post a Comment