Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quick Gear Review: Coretech Tailbag 2.0

Sometimes you want to be able to actually carry stuff with you on a sportbike. I know, its unfathomable that you'd want to carry more than what you can shove into the meager pockets in your leathers, but its TRUE!

Lets say you want to carry: spare visor, visor cleaning stuff, rain liner for your jacket, a water bottle, and a better tool kit than what can fit in your under-seat. Thats more than you can fit in your pockets, and bigger stuff than you want/can fit in a tank bag (I don't know about you, but anything bigger than a "small" tank bag is too big for my liking, and my CBR doesn't have a metallic tank to magnet to).

I bought the Coretech 2.0 tail bag. It has more than enough storage for the items I mentioned, and could hold enough spare underwear and socks to last a weekend of riding. It comes with a rain cover, has the usual assortment of pockets, and can expand via two accordion zipper areas.

As usual with Coretech its build sturdy and looks like it'll take use well. I'll need to get the matching saddle bags for my trip to MotoGP next year.

The only complaint I have with the tail bag is the mounting system blows. It is four straps with fastex buckles on one end and a loop on the other. You have to noose them around whatever on your bike you can reach them to and hope they stay. Some kind of system that mounts firmly to the pillion seat would be much better and easier to grab and go (without leaving straps dangling on your bike).

Pics or it didn't happen:





No comments:

Post a Comment