Thursday, August 29, 2013

My experience with Corbin (so far)

Just because I ride a sportbike doesn't mean I like being uncomfortable. Adapting a bike ergonomically to the rider makes the trip more enjoyable, safer, and contributes to better control.

After doing a 750 mile weekend I decided my CBR needed a better saddle. I shopped around and read reviews. There aren't a lot of companies making good aftermarket saddles for sportbikes. I settled on Corbin after reading some good reviews and placed my order (July 16).

Then waited for a week. I hadn't received anything beyond the initial sales receipt and they hadn't responded to my emails (emailed them on July 23 and used their online form several times). So I called them (August 1st) and asked what the hold up was. As it turns out they had "lost" my order. There had been a problem processing credit cards the day I ordered it and my order hadn't processed. Instead of calling or emailing me they'd just ignored the issue.

OK, fine, so the order is processed and they're going to work on it. My seat shipped on August 20th, and arrived on August 22nd.

It was a beautiful seat that arrived. I tried to install it that night.






It was the wrong seat. The bolt holes didn't line up and the tongue wouldn't fit under the bracket. So again I called and emailed them (emails go unanswered by the way). The first tech I talked to was thoroughly unhelpful. Finally on my third call (August 27th) I talked to someone who actually looked at my order and realized they'd shipped me the wrong seat. Then he blamed me for ordering a seat for the wrong year (they shipped me the 2004 seat). See screenshot of my order. As you can see, I ordered the correct year.
They said if I shipped them the wrong seat, they'd make and send me the right one. So that's where I'm at. Seat is in transit, hopefully I'll get the right one someday.

Thus far my experience with Corbin has been a bad one and I would not recommend dealing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment