Monday, July 27, 2020

Escape the Heat

It finally got hot here in the Willamette valley. I love the summer. I have a love/hate relationship with the heat. On one hand its the best riding weather, on the other it can be *too* hot to be fun to ride anymore. Then there's times when you simply can't escape the heat or its muggy, none of that is fun.

While riding the other day I had the thought: what we do to escape the heat is what we remember as the best parts of summer. Riding a motorcycle into the mountain wearing mesh gear, going swimming, eating ice cream, drinking beer. Sure its nice to sit in the AC in your house and veg out, but will you remember that fondly when its cold again outside?

Thanks to pandemic I spent almost all day every day from March to Late June working from home. Needless to say now that I'm on sabbatical and its summer I get antsy as heck sitting at home doing nothing, although the AC is sure nice to come home to. The other night I rode my mom's bike (still waiting on mine back from the shop) one town over the get ice cream. Sure I could have bought a container and taken it home to eat while watching the myriad of streaming services I pay for, but where's the fun in that?
Would you know it? by dark on the ride home it was nice and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment