Saturday, May 11, 2019

I hypocrite

As an avid performance bike rider I value function over form. Don't get me wrong I love a good looking bike, I just think you should be spending your money on good tires, schools, and suspension rather than "bling". I could spend a long time repeating what Dave Moss or Ken Hill has said on the subject but you probably get the point, right?

...and that's why I'm a hypocrite.

VFR800
Akrapovic slip on - $700
Power Commander 5 - $400
Rear solo cowl - $50
Powerbronze Windshield - $90
Increased performance? Negligible

ZX6R
Rear solo cowl - $30 (OK technically my bike came with one but when it got stolen it came back missing one and I bought a new one because I like the look)
Sargent seat - $100 (totally got it for a steal lightly used)
EvoTech passenger peg blockoff and exhaust hanger - $90
Increased performance? None whatsoever.

Things I could have bought for $1460 that might have improved my riding:
-7 Track Days
-3 California Superbike School days
-5 OPRT training days
-1 day at Rickdiculous Racing school

I must confess that I am indeed a human man and I love to put bling on my toys. So sue me. But gosh darn my bikes look cool and that makes me feel good looking at them in the garage. Almost as good as riding them.

Pictured: with some dork's 2016 S1000RR

Pictured: in Alsea Oregon

Pictured: before the EvoTech stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment