Sunday, January 22, 2017

Winter Duldrums

This has been a colder/wetter winter than the last few. So I've been in hibernation a lot. I figured it was time for an update because we just passed the point in the winter when it goes from cold/wet/snowy to less cold/more wet.

Towards the end of 2016 I successfully purchased a house. Well part of a house, half of a duplex. The point being that I'm out of the rental trap. It only has a one car garage but that's enough to fit the Interceptor, baby CBR, Kendon Trailer, bicycles, and tools.
Everything important pictured.

I had a Winter Solstice party in my new house to celebrate the turning of the solar year and the lengthening of the days.
Then it snowed.

Then the snow melted and I took the Interceptor to Salem Cycle Country for a 12k mile checkup and fluid flush.
While I was there I sat on a few bikes for my dad.


Then a week later I picked up my Interceptor and rode it home in the rain.

So that's where we're at. Waiting for the weather to get nice, bike it ready.

2017 will see me returning to the track. I'm eyeing an early season day at Thunderhill, and I've already put money down on California SuperBike School at The Ridge in July. I'm optimistic about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment