Monday, April 4, 2016

Have Bags Will Travel

When I got the new bike I decided to splurge and order the factory saddlebags. You only live once. So after weeks of waiting I pulled into the service center of the dealership for the first service. Imagine my surprise when they told me it would take an additional two hours and two hundreds dollars for them to key the bags and mount them.

Eff that. I told them to ship the boxes to me and I would do it. So after a week more of waiting I came home to a pile of boxes at my doorstep. At last!

With a little help from Youtube I had the first lock keyed in an hour, and the second in about twenty minutes.

Imagine my dismay when I discovered that one of the hardbags doesn't close correctly. Its either defective or damaged in shipment. Either my faith in Honda's premiere fit and finish is about to be shaken, or  whoever builds these for Honda does a sub par job. Overall the units look good, but the hinges are a little cheesy looking.


I guess a call to the parts department is in order to find out what the heck we can do about this. I can sit on the bag and make it close mostly right, but that's not an option on the road...



Baby got back.
Update: got it sorted out by gently and firmly closing it then leaving it in a hot car all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment