Thursday, April 23, 2020

Consolation Prize

Have you ever ridden through a state park and thought: "you know these roads are great, asphalt is smooth, corners fantastic, I just wish I wasn't parked behind a minivan through all of them going 15mph. I wish a global plague would happen to reduce traffic in this park so I could enjoy the road the way the Motorcycle Gods intended".

You see where this is going, right?



After work I hopped on the ZX6R and ran off to meet another cornering enthusiast. We worked our way through the farmlands  and up towards a certain state park. At the last major interchange (last chance to turn back) there was a road sign advising the park was closed. That's where the fun started.

Admittedly since the stay at home order went into effect the traffic in a lot of places has been lessened. This road however is usually always busy, so seeing it this dead is weird. I was able to get into my rhythm, unaffected by coming around a corner and having a stopped minivan in the road, and worked the edges of the tires.

There were a handful of other bikes out and on the way back we ran across a buddy who was riding two up with a special lady.


I rarely call a ride perfect, but this was pretty damn close. A fair consolation prize for my track and race season slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment