Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer rocketeering so far

In the beginning of June the weather was freaking great. So I put in the PTO request for a Monday to go to PIR for MotoCorsa Monday. Naturally the rain kicked up and the trackday got scrubbed. The first MotoCorsa TD they've scrubbed in 8 years apparently.

As a consolation prize I decided to go to ORP with MotoFit Group the following weekend. Never been there. Its roughly four hours out from Albany. I met my buddy Tyler and his friend Dennis out there with Dennis' toy hauler. That Saturday we ran Clockwise.

Since it was a new track to me, my first TD of the season, and tires that I'd never tracked before I slummed it in C group and attended their track school. The school and coaches helped me realize some things I was doing wrong and improve my smoothness.

Some maniacs even took their Valkyries  on the track.









June was over and July came along. I still had  MotoCorsa day paid for so I requested the PTO and loaded up. This was different since nobody I knew was going. I bought a easy up canopy for the occasion, which saved my bacon during the 90* temperatures. MotoCorsa puts on a good day, and they even feed you.

On a side note I now have two trackdays on the Michelin Pilot Power Pure rear and Pilot Power front and I'm loving them. Good predictable turn in, quick heat up, and great grip.

Pictured: my stamp collection so far.
Properly mutilated 2CT logo on the chicken strip.
Lunch
My piece of the paddock





Now I need some more coaching to sort out my problems with freaking out going into corners hot, and with down shifting. Also maybe a steering stabilizer and SS brake lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment