Friday, November 15, 2013

Beer run

My riding season wasn't really the greatest. I worked too much this summer instead of taking time off to go to the track or tour. Coming into November I had the enviable problem of PTO at work to use or lose. While tossing around the fantasy of renting a Harley in LA or LV and roaring around the desert for a few days I came to the idea with my dad about taking a few days to ride around Northern California.

When adventure knocks, answer or stay on the couch. This might have some suck-time, but it'll be a trip to remember.

The plan:
Saturday 11/16: I ride to Eagle Point. Have dinner with my folks and my brother's in-laws
Sunday: Dad and I ride to Eureka. Go to a brewery, see the sights.
Monday: Ride through Willitz and Ft Bragg. Visit a brewery. Back to Eureka.
Tuesday: Eureka to Happy Camp to Hornbrook to Eagle Point. Dinner with the Southern Oregon riders.
Wednesday: I ride back to Corvallis.
Thursday: I drag my tired ass back to work.

Because I lacked touring and winter gear I quickly purchased:
Cortech Saddlebags to match my tail bag
Airhawk seat pad
Alpinestar 2 piece race in the rain suit to fit over my leathers
Venture battery powered heated vest.

I'll give my full writeup on each product after the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment